The new trailer can be viewed here.
Last year The ESA gave away 5000 passes to consumers, with total attendance hovering around 50,000. This year The ESA has decided to sell 15,000 passes to consumers (some of which are still available here). Needless to say, this will be a much different show and there will be a lot of noobs… so, for all you that are new to E3, this is for you.
What to Bring
- A bag – backpack or sling bag is a good idea, they also usually have a bag check area if your bag is too heavy and you cannot drop your items off in your car
- Deodorant – seriously. Please bring it, use it and reapply it during the day. There is nothing worse than a funky smelling gamer. PLEASE.
- Gum/Breath mints – see deodorant. PLEASE.
- Cell phone – no brainer
- Camera – use your cell phone camera, saves weight
- Portable Charger – something lightweight but powerful
- Charging cable w/plug – because your portable charger will only get you so far
- Money – cash is easy but all vendors (food/drink) do take plastic
- ID – because you will get carded for booze and may get carded for your E3 pass. I’ve seen it happen.
- Snacks – not everyone has a ton of cash and food onsite isn’t cheap. I suggest Power Bars or granola bars as well as a bottle of water that you can refill. The lines during lunchtime can also get quite long
- Networking Cards – if you’re trying to network re: a product you sell, or promote yourself as a streamer, etc. get yourself some nice networking cards aka business cards. Mine have my company name, email and all my social media links
- Small portable seat – something that fits in your bag, like these. There will be long lines – many now that all you newbies are coming, and you’ll wish you’d brought one. TRUST ME.
What to Wear
- Comfortable shoes – this goes for you bro’s, too, not just chicks. You are going to walk around SO much. Make sure you have a good pair of shoes or bring an extra pair to change into.
- Clean clothes – see deodorant above. Seriously. People are disgusting.
NOTE: Some people say dress up – I say who gives a fuck. Wear what your style is – t-shirt and jeans or polo and slacks.
What to Do Right Now
- Book a hotel room – the cheap/close ones sell out fast, book them now
- Book a rental car – unless you plan to use Lyft or a taxi service
- Review the exhibitors list – decide who you want to see first and make a plan. There’s nothing worse than going to E3 to see something or meet someone and then realize you should have gotten in line 2hrs earlier. TRUST ME.
- Follow us on Twitter for the latest E3 updates – we will Tweet a LOT of updates, we promise.
Here’s the official announcement from Rockstar – official trailer launching 10/20 a:
- Tricky Towers, PS4
- Rebel Galaxy, PS4
- Yakuza 5, PS3
- Retro/Grade, PS3
- Patapon 3, PS Vita
- Ultratron, PS Vita, PS3, PS4
Bungie hosted a really cool reveal this week with their upcoming Destiny DLC Rise of Iron. I particularly liked the concept art for the new sparrows and of course seeing the Cosmodrome blanketed by winter. The Twitch broadcast can be viewed here in case you missed it.
For those of you not into exrtreme sports, the name Matilda Rapaport is probably unfamiliar to you. Rapaport was a pro skier, from Sweden, who Ubisoft had hired to film content for their upcoming extreme sports game, Steep.
Rapaport reportedly died in an avalanche yesterday while filming for Ubisoft in the Andes mountains near Santiago, Chile. She was rushed to the hospital nearby and later pronounced dead from oxygen deprivation and brain damage. In a statement to GameSpot, Ubisoft call the skier’s untimely death a “tragic accident that has deeply touched us.”
No word on whether or not her death will affect the release of the game, Steep.
Rapaport was 30 years old.
View the newly leaked trailer here.
Starting tomorrow the 1st episode of Square Enix’s Life is Strange will be available for free! SWEET!
Grab it on the following:
Anyone who knows me knows what a PlayStation fan girl I am.
*rolls eyes at those who still think I’m a guy lol*
I love PlayStation and the PS4 is my go to console. Not that I don’t like Xbox – on the contrary – but PlayStation has always lead the charge for me on games. That being said, I cannot wait to get my hands on We Happy Few, coming to Xbox One July 26th.
The game reminds me of the Bioshock series and the gameplay I saw at the Microsoft press conference was fantastic. If you haven’t kept up to date on the game, check out the latest trailer and press conference gameplay here.
Here are 2 free onetime use codes for the DLC Kousava weapon for Just Cause 3:
These are for the PS4 console and each code is only good once, so BE QUICK!