Last year The ESA gave away 5000 passes to consumers, with total attendance hovering around 50,000. This year The ESA has decided to sell 15,000 passes to consumers (some of which are still available here). Needless to say, this will be a much different show and there will be a lot of noobs… so, for all you that are new to E3, this is for you.
What to Bring
- A bag – backpack or sling bag is a good idea, they also usually have a bag check area if your bag is too heavy and you cannot drop your items off in your car
- Deodorant – seriously. Please bring it, use it and reapply it during the day. There is nothing worse than a funky smelling gamer. PLEASE.
- Gum/Breath mints – see deodorant. PLEASE.
- Cell phone – no brainer
- Camera – use your cell phone camera, saves weight
- Portable Charger – something lightweight but powerful
- Charging cable w/plug – because your portable charger will only get you so far
- Money – cash is easy but all vendors (food/drink) do take plastic
- ID – because you will get carded for booze and may get carded for your E3 pass. I’ve seen it happen.
- Snacks – not everyone has a ton of cash and food onsite isn’t cheap. I suggest Power Bars or granola bars as well as a bottle of water that you can refill. The lines during lunchtime can also get quite long
- Networking Cards – if you’re trying to network re: a product you sell, or promote yourself as a streamer, etc. get yourself some nice networking cards aka business cards. Mine have my company name, email and all my social media links
- Small portable seat – something that fits in your bag, like these. There will be long lines – many now that all you newbies are coming, and you’ll wish you’d brought one. TRUST ME.
What to Wear
- Comfortable shoes – this goes for you bro’s, too, not just chicks. You are going to walk around SO much. Make sure you have a good pair of shoes or bring an extra pair to change into.
- Clean clothes – see deodorant above. Seriously. People are disgusting.
NOTE: Some people say dress up – I say who gives a fuck. Wear what your style is – t-shirt and jeans or polo and slacks.
What to Do Right Now
- Book a hotel room – the cheap/close ones sell out fast, book them now
- Book a rental car – unless you plan to use Lyft or a taxi service
- Review the exhibitors list – decide who you want to see first and make a plan. There’s nothing worse than going to E3 to see something or meet someone and then realize you should have gotten in line 2hrs earlier. TRUST ME.
- Follow us on Twitter for the latest E3 updates – we will Tweet a LOT of updates, we promise.